Cheesy Pepper Poppers
- 1 package (19 ounce) Bratwurst, de-cased
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 20 large jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed**
** Safety tip: wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin
Recipe Credits: Johnsonville
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble meat over medium heat until no longer pink; about 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked meat, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
- Arrange filled peppers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake until lightly browned; about 12-15 minutes.
- To Grill: Preheat grill according to manufacturer's directions. When ready to grill, place peppers on a grilling tray over medium-low heat; about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Air Fryer Preparation: Preheat air fryer to 320ºF for 3 minutes. Place stuffed peppers into preheated air fryer. Cook at 320ºF for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Grill bratwurst according to directions for Sizzling Sausage Grill; cool slightly and cut into dice-sized pieces. Fill peppers with cream cheese mixture and bake in oven.
- Serve "poppers" with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing, if desired.