As we celebrate the Memorial Day holiday weekend, it’s important that we remember those who have fallen fighting for our freedom.
Are you heading out to a BBQ and want to bring something hot and savory? We got you!
Try this Jalapeno Popper Dip!
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped into pieces
- 1 lb cream cheese, 454g – soft, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 125mls
- 1/2 cup sour cream, 125mls
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 90g – grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 60g – grated\
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 sliced green onions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Set aside a little of the cooked bacon and diced Jalapenos, 1/4 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, and one sliced green onion for topping.
- In a large bowl mix the bacon, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, seeded and diced Jalapeno peppers, 1/4 cup Parmesan, garlic powder, 2 green onions, until fully combined, and then add the mixture to a 1.5 qt (1.5 liters) baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cooked bacon, jalapenos, 1/4 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, and diced green onions.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with chips, pits bread, or crackers.