Easy Orange Cranberry Bread
• 1 cup Granulated sugar
• 2 tsp Orange zest
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• 1.5 cups All-purpose flour
• 1 tsp Baking powder
• 2 Eggs, Large
• 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
• 3/4 cup Buttermilk
• 1 tbsp. Orange juice
• 1 cup Cranberries, Fresh, Roughly chopped
• Orange Glaze
• 1 cup Powdered sugar
• 1.5 tbsp. Orange juice, Preferably freshly squeezed
• 1 tsp Orange zest
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar, orange zest, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder until roughly combined.
2. In another mixing bowl, add eggs, butter, buttermilk, orange juice and mix until smooth.
3. Dump this wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix!
4. Gently stir in the chopped cranberries until evenly distributed.
5. Spread batter in a greased and floured loaf pan (Dimensions: 9×5).
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown too quickly, you can cover the bread with aluminum foil paper in the final 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes. It would eventually be warm and not completely cool.
8. While the bread is cooling, mix together powdered sugar, orange juice, orange zest until smooth and creamy.
9. Next, run a knife along the edges of the pan and then, turn it upside down gently to remove it from the pan onto a serving dish or cake dish.
10. Drizzle the glaze over the warm bread.
11. Let the glaze set for about 15-20 minutes.
12. Use a sharp knife to cut slices and enjoy!
Credits: Cake Whiz